Losing Business To Your Competition?
How can you tell if your competition’s website is taking business from you?
Here’s an exercise that can help:
Pull up some of your competitors’ websites. Now, take a look at each website and compare them to your own. Be brutally honest and compare how you stack up against the following criteria:
- Inspires a professional image
- Contains clear and compelling calls-to-action
- Easy to navigate
- Updated and relevant
- Built to attract new customers
- Optimized for search engines
How’d you fare? If your competition has you beat on these key components, they‘re likely growing their business by cutting into your turf.
Examples From Our Website Design Portfolio
So You Think You Need a New Website Designed?
If you think there’s room for improvement based on the exercise above, it might be time for a new online direction for your business. We know that beginning the process of building a new website for your business can feel overwhelming. With so many options available, it can feel like information overload. Pick the wrong option and you end up with an inferior product that wastes a lot of your time and money. What a letdown.
We work with many clients who have sat on old websites for far too long. These businesses have been losing clients for years due to outdated, unprofessional sites. A mistake their competition is not making!
Get Excited About Your New Website
Despite all the potential pitfalls of building your new website, it can pay off big in the end if you do it right. A well-designed and thought out website can promote your business even when you’re not working. It’s like having a salesperson work around the clock, 24/7.
How to Make the Right Choices When Building a
Features of Good Website Design
- Relevant to Target Market – One of the most important things to understand when building a website is that the site should be designed and structured, not for you, but for your potential new customers. This is where a lot of business owners go wrong. Users should know instantly that they’ve landed in the right spot.
- Content with Keywords Relevant to Your Market – Customers are looking for information that’s useful and relevant to them. Choosing keywords and phrases to use in the content of your website can be trickier than you think. There may be a lot of keywords that relate to your industry, but not all will be relevant to your specific customers, drive traffic to your website, and convert visitors to buyers.
- Easy to Understand Navigation – Users should be able to easily navigate around a website from any page without having to do a whole lot of thinking. If they can’t find what they’re looking for, they’ll be gone to find a better organized website within seconds. Menu options that are easy to spot and understand keep users from feeling lost and leaving your website all together.
- Elegant Use of Graphic Elements – Break up large areas of text with pictures, headings, and block quotes. Presenting your business’s information in large blocks of content is like asking a customer to read an instruction manual before they’ve even decided you have something they’re interested in buying. Graphic elements allow users to quickly see what separates your business from the competition.
- Consistency in Design – Every page should look like it belongs to the site. Elements should repeat and be consistent throughout the site from color schemes and fonts to images and business logos. A cohesive web design establishes professionalism of your business and trust by your customers.
Features to Avoid in Your Website Design
- Funky Color Combinations – Certain colors when paired together can make a site hard to look at. Similarly, poor background color combination can make text difficult or impossible to read.
- Poor Use of Typography – Avoid text that is too small to read or so large that balance is lost. Avoid using text that crowds the edges of objects or stretches across the entire page. Avoid excessive capitalization, underlines, and bolded words. Please.
- Overly Complex and Unclear Navigation – It’s better to be clear than clever. There’s a science to creating a navigation system that keeps visitors on your website and leads them to the next action you’d like them to take. Too many categories and unusual titles can frustrate visitors.
- Distracting Elements and Animations – As cool as they may have seemed in 1999, most animations are distracting and increase the chances of someone leaving your site out of annoyance.
NuArtisan creates affordable and professional websites that help businesses obtain new customers and grow revenue. Our in-house team of experts in design and web marketing stay up-to-date on the latest and most effective marketing strategies. You can rest easy knowing you’ll have all the right features to create new revenue on your custom website.
What type of website do you need?
What We Offer:
- Business to Business Websites
- Business to Consumer Websites
- eCommerce Websites
- Lead Generation Websites
The NuArtisan Web Design Process
- Research & Analysis – Starts with understanding the nature of your business, your competitors, and a plan of action to reach your goals
- Website Strategy – Site architecture
- Design Drafting -
- Development – coding
- Delivery – Final touches, testing, approval, launch